If you’ve been driving around in Houston, chances are you’ve seen some billboards advertising companies that buy houses. “We Buy Houses In Houston” companies – are they credible?
How do you know if you can trust them?
Well… you don’t. At least, no more than you’d trust anyone else trying to make a buck. Buying and selling houses is like any other line of work – some of them make the rest of us look bad.
There’s people who are really great, ethical folks who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time.
And then there’s shady, no-good jerks who would sign the contract to sell their grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they were making enough money.
But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet.
First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing:
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Houston.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Houston neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected houses, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Houston.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right?
Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring.
Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts.
So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just a scammer.
In getting to the bottom of, “We Buy Houses In Houston Companies – Are They Credible?” ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the most proud?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview.
Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions.
True investors, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development.
Never be afraid to ask questions!
Give us a call anytime (713) 635-9000 , or fill out the form now to get started.
Sell Your House Now - Please Submit Your Property Info Below... to receive a fair all cash offer and to download our free guide.